In this Stops scenario, we’ll address how Stops technology can fuel franchises and retail chains.
In most cases, franchises and retail giants do not have a quick go-to list for their store locations. If they offer a store locator on their website or app, it’s usually ‘just sufficient’ or ‘deficient.’
Even moreso, most franchises and retail chains that carry signature products (like Starbucks or T-Mobile refill cards), which are sold by other retailers, typically do not have a list of all of the locations where their product is served.
Simply put, any franchise or product manufacturer that does not maintain a basic address list of their store and product locations is completely unattached from the current digital world and totally unprepared for the metaverse.
The metaverse will prove to be a new powerful force that will bring about a renewal of traffic to local retailers. To best engage with customers and new prospective customers across the new digital & AR worlds (the metaverse), franchises and retail giants will need a unique dashboard and tools that let them access, segment, promote and advertise to locations.
For this Stops Scenario, we teamed up with T-Mobile to better understand how we can help franchises create a home for all of their addresses and syndicate magical ‘on-location’ experiences’ to those locations:
- First, we aggregated all T-Mobile store locations (all 6806 of them), so that they appear correctly across our search engine.
- We then discovered thousands of more additional product locations where their product is served.
- We turned each location into a ‘smart location’ with its own unique x/y/z.
- We syndicated an AR experience to each location.
- Anyone can subscribe to T-Mobile on Stops and access their store locations and get special deals/coupons whenever they’re near a T-Mobile stop.
- Anyone standing at the T-Mobile store can see a video of Miley Cyrus singing on location in Augmented Reality.
- When entering the store, the AR experience changes to a video explaining Qualcomm’s SnapDragon Spaces glasses, which will soon be on demo and for sale at many T-Mobile locations.
- When the user puts on the AR glasses they automatically see an AR experience, powered by Stops, on location.
By teaming up with Stops, T-Mobile has been able to auto-geofence all of its locations and provide a meaningful AR experience on-location for their customers. Additionally, through our partnership T-Mobile can now better understand all of their product locations that exist among partnering stores, revealing new opportunities and new ways to engage with their customers on-location.